COMPLAINTS HANDLING PROCEDURE
Our Complaints Policy
Garnett Williams Powell is committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards. You will not be charged for work carried out in investigating your complaint.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you have a concern or a complaint, please contact us as soon as you are aware of the problem so this can be addressed. You can contact us by email, letter or telephone but, to assist us in investigating and resolving your complaint, we need to receive this detailed in writing. We will endeavour to resolve your complaint within 8 weeks from the date we receive it.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 2 working days of our receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care partner, Mrs J Davies, who will speak to the member of staff who acted for you and review your matter file. If your complaint relates to a matter dealt with by Mrs Davies this will be reviewed by another partner.
- Mrs Davies will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again to explain why you remain unhappy with our response and we will review your comments. Depending on the matter we may at this stage arrange for another partner to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
If we need to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman about your complaint by writing to Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ or by telephone on 0300 555 0333 or by email at email@example.com. The Legal Ombudsman asks that you do so within 6 months of your last contact with us. However the Legal Ombudsman will only get involved after you have exhausted our internal complaints process – subject to the complaint being dealt with within 8 weeks of being made.
For further information please visit www.legalombudsman.org.uk.